Workplace Violence Policy
Strong policies and procedures are fundamental to the success of any organization. The Occupational Health and Safety Act requires employers in Ontario to assess the risks of workplace violence and develop policies and programs towards eliminating violence and harassment in their workplaces.
All jurisdictions specify elements required in harassment and violence prevention policies and programs.
Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1
Part III.0.1, Violence and Harassment
- Policies, violence and harassment
- Program for violence
- Assessment of risks of violence
- Domestic violence
- Duties regarding violence (e.g., provide workers with information and instruction, privacy)
- Program for harassment
- Duties regarding harassment (e.g., investigation, annual review, etc.)
- Information and instruction regarding harassment